Monday, March 12, 2012

DIY (Do It Yourself)

Hi Popsters <3


It's that time of the year when you're looking into your wardrobe and see nothing in there you want to wear (well, at least I feel it in a bit greater way than usually). And that means only one thing: it's time to do some spring shopping!! :) 
So I leave home and walk by some clothing stores, and what do I see? I stand by these windows and it's pure heaven: all the bright colors of the rainbow on the fabulous summerish pieces of clothing! Oh yeah, this is what I need!! I step inside and I'm confronted by this huge wave of colors coming at me :)












But of course this is the front of the store, and that part of the shop is always for the girls/women's department. So I need to walk all the way to the back to find the mens clothing. And there waits the surprise…. Black, gray, dark blue and (if the head of the store had been brave enough) brown. 
I mean what is wrong with you Finnish men?! Are we trying to do some camouflage trick and blend into the background? 
(I have to confess that I first accidentally typed "camelflush", which sounds like something I don't want to know any more about ;P)

Well I want to stand out, so something had to be done! (I guess all the girls here know the feeling when you've found the perfect outfit and you can almost feel how people are looking at you as you walk down the street). Unlike Krippe I can't buy clothes from the women's department (Not that I don't want to, but they just don't fit) so there was only one way to go: I had to make them myself! 
Finally I managed to find some skintight white jeans and textile colors. I tried it out and now I have a pair of spectacular bright yellow jeans! It's working so great that I'm going to do this in every imaginable color. I'll have the coolest collection of jeans in the whole Finland! :D  



As some of you might already know, we're taking part in a competition called Osajnat by Radio X3M (if you haven't voted us yet, you can do it HERE. Just get YLE PASSI if don't have one yet and give your vote to our songs). We already got picked up for the semifinals and we're going to play in Porvoo on March 28th. From there we can get to the final which is going to be held in Helsinki later this spring. The winner of the competition will be playing at various festival throughout Finland in this summer, so we're quite excited about this! :)

Over the past few weeks we've had a lots of fun in the studio recording our songs, but that's another story that Axel will cover next week ;)


Kisses and s**t,
Social Joe <3

2 comments:

  1. Tnx... it's my post next week! XD
    //Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I guess Social Joe ain't so Social after all! ... hmm, made more sense in my head (:

    //krippe

    ReplyDelete